Thursday, October 17, 2013

Leftovers - Garlic Bread

We recently had almost a loaf of left over garlic bread from a dinner out.  I had it in the fridge for a few days not sure what I'd end up serving it with.  I first thought of just warming it and putting on the side of a salad but on Sunday, while watching football, I wanted some munchies and decided to pull out the bread.  I chopped up some tomatoes into small bites and tossed them with some fresh basil and a dash of salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil.  I thought of adding some garlic but remembered the garlic bread was already garlicky enough.  I let that sit and soak together for a bit.  The salt will make the tomatoes soften up and release some juices.  When I couldn't wait any longer, I heated the oven and put the bread in until just warmed through.  My garlic bread already had cheese on it.  If it didn't, I probably would've added some to get it melty in the oven.  I pulled the bread out, spooned on the tomato topping and drizzled it with reduced balsamic reduction.  Nice snack for game day or a super appetizer idea.

1 comment: