Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zucchini side

With zucchini growing like wild these days, what to do with it all?  The initial answer is zucchini bread but then what to do with other 10 that you have?  My second go to option is sautéed with bacon and onions.  I cook up a strip of bacon per person that will be eating it.  I then chop one med or two small zucchinis per person along with a few slices of onion.  Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan.  If there's more grease than just a coating on the pan, remove the excess and then add the onions to the pan.  Once they begin to get translucent, add the zucchini.  Flip around until nicely browned and serve.  Bacon makes everything good.  That was my primary recipe for zucchini but I've recently started adding red bell peppers and mushrooms so feel free to add any other veggies that you want.  It's my go to side when I have an over abundance of zucchini.  It goes great with fish, rice, chicken, anything really.

No comments:

Post a Comment